Angel Investing Course
Angel Investing 101
Elizabeth Yin, co-founder and General Partner at Hustle Fund, a pre-seed fund for software entrepreneurs, teaches you how to get started in angel investing with as little as $1,000.
Join Carry to get all inclusive access to our entire course library + financial products like our Solo 401k and IRAs. Sign up now or learn more about an Carry membership.
About this course
Who is this ideal for?
Business owners, investors
Learn how to be an angel investor and start with as little as $1000. Elizabeth will share how to pick companies, build your portfolio, create and maintain deal flow, and the biggest red flags and mistakes to avoid that most new angel investors make.
Who is this course for?
- Interested in becoming an angel investor.
- Do not need to invest millions of dollars.
- Not sure how to get started.
- An entrepreneur that wants to know more about fundraising.
What you’ll learn
- What angel investing is and who it’s for.
- How to become eligible to angel invest.
- What to look for when picking companies.
- How to establish and maintain dealflow.
- The biggest mistakes that new angel investors make.
- How to build a strong, diverse portfolio.
Sign up to Carry to access this course.
Join Carry to get all inclusive access to our entire course library + financial products like our Solo 401k and IRAs.
Sign up now or learn more about an Carry membership.
Browse lesson plan
|1. Introduction + Welcome!|
|2. Angel Investing 101: The 4 Wings Of Angel Investing|
|3. What To Expect When Investing In Startups|
|4. Key Terms|
|6. Creating Your Investing Budget|
|7. Strategy, Risk, & Reward|
|8. Think Like a VC: Build Your Portfolio Like the Pros|
|9. Airbnb Pitch Deck Case Study|
|10. Dealflow: What It Is & Why You Need It|
|11. How to Establish (and Maintain) Dealflow|
|12. Making Your Investment Decision|
|13. Valuations And Outcomes|
|14. Angel Investing: Gotchas|
|15. How To Actually Send The Money|
|16. Portfolio Support|
|17. Investing Etiquette|
|18. Angel Investing FAQ|
|19. Wrap Up|
Ready to get started?
- Carry Solo 401k, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, and brokerage accounts
- Security and compliance monitoring
- On-demand courses and training
- No AUM fees
- 30-day refund guarantee
Everything included in the Basic Plan, plus:
- Custom financial plan
- Access to “Ask an Advisor”
- Ongoing support and updates to financial plan
Everything included in the Pro Plan, plus:
- Hands-on financial planning, execution, and investment advice
- No-fee investment management and advice
- Sourcing, vetting, and executing on boutique accredited investments
For business owners earning $200k+ in profit annually. Limited spots and by application only.
Try Carry for 30 days and if it isn’t for you, get fully refunded – no questions asked.
Questions before joining?
If you’re hungry to learn more about managing and growing your money as a business owner (even if you consider yourself “bad” with finances or get overwhelmed or confused), this is your community! We will be covering a wide variety of topics to help those that are just starting out build the foundations and more advanced content to help support you as you progress along your journey or for those that are ready to dive in.
Most of our content is currently tailored to the US financial system. However, there are topics that are and will be applicable no matter where you live in the world. As we have a 30-day refund, we encourage you to check out the content yourself and see if it’s the right fit for you!
Yes! You’ll have 30 days from joining the program to request a full refund, no questions asked.
Your membership will give you access to Carry for one year and will renew annually after that. You will always be able to cancel before the next payment cycle.
As this is a new membership, one of the perks of joining early is that you’ll be able to request content, resources, and topics that you want to see most. We will regularly be chatting with members to make as many of those things possible!