Tax Planning For Startup Founders & Employees Course
Tax Strategies of Billionaires & How to Prepare for the Big Exit
Mani Mahadevan, founder of Valur and Registered Financial Advisor, goes through tax planning strategies to help you reduce the taxes you may have to pay when you make your big exit as a founder or startup employee with equity.
Join Carry to get all inclusive access to our entire course library + financial products like our Solo 401k and IRAs. Sign up now or learn more about an Carry membership.
About this course
Who is this ideal for?
Startup owners, employees, investors
The 400 richest Americans pay a lower tax rate than the bottom 50%. They have an army of accountants, attorneys and spend millions of dollars to find tax savings opportunities.
But what if you could take advantage of those same strategies – without being a billionaire? In this course, you’re going to learn what the rich and well-connected do, and how you can easily use those same strategies to reduce your taxes, save more of your hard-earned money, and build your wealth more efficiently.
Mani goes through tax planning strategies to help you reduce the taxes you may have to pay when you make your big exit as a founder or startup employee with equity.
Mani Mahadevan is the Founder & CEO of Valur, a startup making it seamless and simple to identify, set up, and take care of the optimized tax and estate planning structures, typically used by the ultra-wealthy like Mark Zuckerburg and Phil Knight — structures that can earn you more than 70% additional returns.
Valur is used by founders, employees, and investors at companies like Apple, Amazon, Stripe, Tesla, and Figma.
Who is this course for?
- Aspiring founders
- Small business owners getting close to exiting their business and selling their company.
- Employees who work for a startup that may exit or go public.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the most common types of taxes that impact you
- We’ll uncover some highly impactful structures that will help you reduce those taxes
- Understand their pros and cons (for each of these structures)
- And deep dive into how these tax planning opportunities, how they’re relevant to you, and their potential financial impact
- And finally, we’ll find out how to follow up so you can check your eligibility for specific tax planning opportunities and move forward with taking advantage of them
Sign up to Carry to access this course.
Join Carry to get all inclusive access to our entire course library + financial products like our Solo 401k and IRAs.
Sign up now or learn more about an Carry membership.
Browse lesson plan
|1. Introduction + Welcome!|
|2. Tax Types|
|3. Tax Planning|
|4. Qualified Small Business Stock Exemption|
|5. QSBS Requirements|
|6. Opportunity Zones|
|8. CRUTs Deep Dive|
|9. Wrap Up|
|10. Bonus: Dynasty Trust Planning|
|11. Bonus: Tax Savings And Compounding|
Ready to get started?
- Carry Solo 401k, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, and brokerage accounts
- Security and compliance monitoring
- On-demand courses and training
- No AUM fees
- 30-day refund guarantee
Everything included in the Basic Plan, plus:
- Custom financial plan
- Access to “Ask an Advisor”
- Ongoing support and updates to financial plan
Everything included in the Pro Plan, plus:
- Hands-on financial planning, execution, and investment advice
- No-fee investment management and advice
- Sourcing, vetting, and executing on boutique accredited investments
For business owners earning $200k+ in profit annually. Limited spots and by application only.
Try Carry for 30 days and if it isn’t for you, get fully refunded – no questions asked.
Questions before joining?
If you’re hungry to learn more about managing and growing your money as a business owner (even if you consider yourself “bad” with finances or get overwhelmed or confused), this is your community! We will be covering a wide variety of topics to help those that are just starting out build the foundations and more advanced content to help support you as you progress along your journey or for those that are ready to dive in.
Most of our content is currently tailored to the US financial system. However, there are topics that are and will be applicable no matter where you live in the world. As we have a 30-day refund, we encourage you to check out the content yourself and see if it’s the right fit for you!
Yes! You’ll have 30 days from joining the program to request a full refund, no questions asked.
Your membership will give you access to Carry for one year and will renew annually after that. You will always be able to cancel before the next payment cycle.
As this is a new membership, one of the perks of joining early is that you’ll be able to request content, resources, and topics that you want to see most. We will regularly be chatting with members to make as many of those things possible!